Did you know the Tuesday after Thanksgiving is known as #GivingTuesday? This year, landing on November 29, it is predicted that $3.2 billion will be raised on Giving Tuesday, an 18% or $500 million increase over 2021’s record-breaking $2.7 billion.
While today is the annual day of charitable giving, it isn’t too late to decide how you’ll participate. Here are a few nonprofit clients that we support and ways that you can give back this year.
- Business Leadership Organized for Catholic Schools (BLOCS) is committed to creating educational opportunities through need-based scholarships, providing children with access to high-quality, values- and faith-based education at schools throughout the Greater Philadelphia Area. You can visit BLOCS’ to donate towards these scholarships.
- Hopeworks runs real businesses that help generate over 125 jobs a year, leading to permanent opportunities for young professionals in the growing tech industry. Those interested in donating to provide resources to these young adults can visit here.
- MANNA provides medically tailored meals and nutrition education for Philadelphia residents battling critical illnesses such as cancer, chronic kidney disease, HIV/AIDS, and more, all free of charge. Anybody interested in donating to MANNA can visit here, and volunteers can sign up here.
- National Liberty Museum is a non-profit, independent learning and exhibit center supported by visitors, community leaders, and foundations. Charitable contributions are directly applied to programs and operations and make it possible to give access to members of the Philadelphia community. Anyone interested in donating to support the Museum’s mission can visit here.
- The Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation – the philanthropic arm of the Philadelphia Auto Show – involves 180 local auto dealers teaming up to fundraise and provide brand-new winter coats to Philadelphia area children who need them most. A donation of just $20 will cover the cost of a brand-new coat. Donate here.